Anyone who is looking to purchase an exercise bike for their home gyms or workplace needs to give the Bowflex C6 bike a thought. It is one of the most affordable spin bikes with commercial-grade quality. We have created a detailed review where we highlight both pros and cons, talk about the specifications, and even a brief comparison with the competitors. We want you to make the right choice and take care of your fitness effectively. The $949-worth bike does not come with a native app, but it supports a plethora of non-native apps. Despite being in the affordable category, this bike is a fierce competitor of the Peloton Bike. For the price you are paying, you get a respectable warranty with top build-quality.
Bowflex C6 Bike Overview
Bowflex C6 is one of the smartest choices for purchasing an affordable exercise for your home gym or your employees at the workplace. Like any other fitness equipment, even this bike comes with a unique set of pros and some cons. To make the right choice and to put your money in the right place, it is best to explore both aspects of this exercise machine.
- It is one of the most reliable options in the market in regards to durability as it features a sturdy frame, well-built construction, with close-to-zero dependability on plastic.
- It is designed to fit well in compact spaces such as home gyms or workplace gyms.
- The library of recorded workouts can keep a fitness geek entertained, paving the way for a fun workout session.
- The connectivity with apps allows users to stream online classes from home and lets users connect the bike to apps.
- The assembling is super easy and straightforward, does not involve any complexities.
- It is easy to track workout metrics, including rpm, resistance, through the LCD.
- The build quality of this bike is excellent, but the pedals and levers are not of the same quality.
- It connects with the Peloton app, but users of C6 bike cannot access the leadership board. Also, a user has to get a subscription to access on-demand online classes.
- It is only available on the manufacturer’s website.
Bowflex C6 Features
The features of an exercise bike help a user evaluate whether it is a good fit for a workout or not. As compared to the models in the expensive category ($2000+), the Bowflex C6 does not offer many more significant features, but it is a suitable choice for those working out at home and has an excellent price.
- The first feature that convinces people to invest in this machine is the adjustability of its ergonomics. It is the most crucial factor when it comes to finding the perfect riding position. Users can adjust the settings according to their body needs, which allows them to work out in complete comfort.
- It also uses a magnetic resistance system, providing a user with a quiet workout session, and also has minimal maintenance requirements.
- The paid of 3-lb weights that come along with this bike are fitted below the handlebars. It is a better option than the tail mounting technique, which is what most manufacturers offer today.
- One of the essential features of Bowflex C6 is that it offers micro-adjustable resistance levels. A user can enjoy 100 different resistance levels. It gives this bike a top score when it comes to enjoying a fully-tailored workout experience. While offering a high degree of ergonomics adjustability, it also allows users to adjust the resistance as per their workout needs.
- Bowflex C6 bike is also equipped with a display screen. It helps users track metrics such as rpm, time, speed, calories, distance, resistance level, and pulse.
- Another feature that makes this, rather basic exercise bike, stand out among the competitors is its innovative pedal design. The bike boles fitted with SPD clips on one side, which allows a user to workout using this machine while wearing cycling shoes. On the other hand, users can find conventional toe cages. It enables people who are wearing sneakers to exercise comfortably.
Exercise bikes are the most common way to work out, whether at home, in a gym, or a hotel room. Several different manufacturers introduce hundreds of models, each offering the fitness freaks a unique set of features. There is one exercise bike that fitness geeks and workout enthusiasts are raving about, and it’s the Bowflex C6 Bike.
In a hot exercise bike market, this model by Bowflex is one of the most affordable options to choose from as it lets you work out in a fun, exciting, and a pocket-friendly way. The ease of connectivity with fitness apps, including Zwift and Peloton, along with its affordability and diversity in training options, make this exercise bike a top choice in the market.
For people looking for a sturdy bike with a relatively compact design, connectivity with non-native apps, and lower price, the Bowflex C6 might serve as a game-changer for them. The size of this bike is 48.7″L x 21.2″W x 51.8″H. The user capacity of C6 by Bowflex is 330 pounds and has a height equal to 15″. It uses an AC adaptor as a power source and weighs 106 pounds.
Bowflex team designed the bike as a standard indoor exercise bike with features that make it a competitor of premium bikes such as Peloton. While allowing users to use the digital training platforms of their choice, it lets all workout freaks enjoy unlimited workout sessions.
What Apps can I connect?
The exercise bike by Bowflex can connect to multiple apps to make a workout session fun and exciting. Whether you are using your smartphone or your tablet, you can safely place them on the hooks provided by the manufacturer. The apps that Bowflex C6 bike can connect to include Zwift, Peloton, TrainerRoad, Strava, Explore the World, Sufferfest, FulGaz, Tacx, MyFitnessPal, Google Fit, Apple Health, and Rouvy.
- Zwift is a popular app among fitness geeks and workout freaks, as it allows one to cycle virtually with a group. It is helpful, especially during the pandemic, as people are unable to meet their workout partners and have to sweat it out at homes. After connecting, Zwift gets integrated with the bike. Every move on the pedal is reflected by the animated character displayed on the screen. It allows one to connect with workout companions and have a great time working out at home.
- You can even install the Peloton app and enjoy a high level of flexibility. It lets you experience live and on-demand classes right from your home at separate digital subscriptions. The only restriction, in this case, is that a user does not have access to the Peloton class leaderboard. However, the other features overshadow this drawback, making this an excellent Peloton alternative.
- In addition to this, this bike can also connect to other apps. The apps that are compatible with this bike include Strava and stream shows and movies on Netflix. Connection with other apps that offer top-quality visuals adds to the quality of the overall workout experience.
Bowflex C6 Comparison with Alternatives
A. Bowflex C6 Bike Vs. Peloton Bike
Bowflex C6 Bike is considered as one of the best alternatives to the Peloton Bike. A comprehensive comparison will help you understand how Bowflex’s model serves as an affordable alternative to one of the most popular high-end exercise bikes in the market.
1. Connectivity with Non-native Apps
The first feature that makes Bowflex C6 different from the Peloton bike is the connectivity with non-native apps. The Peloton bike connects with the Peloton app, and users of this bike do not have to subscribe to the on-demand workout classes; they can also access the app’s leadership board. Bowflex, on the other hand, also connects to the Peloton App, but the users of this bike cannot access the leadership board and have to subscribe to the on-demand and live classes. However, C6 does not only offer connectivity to the Peloton app but also with Zwift and Explore the World. The Peloton app does not connect with non-native apps, which makes Bowflex C6 a winner.
2. Additional Equipment
To get additional dumbbells with the Peloton bike, you re required to pay an additional fee, equal to $25. When you purchase the Bowflex C6 Bike, it comes fitted with a pair of 3lb weights that are mounted below the handlebars.
The Peloton bike comes with a 22″ screen, but with the Bowflex C6 Bike, you can attach a screen size of your choice on the hooks attached to the bike. You can easily connect a tablet or a smartphone on your bike and enjoy your workout.
4. Levels of Resistance
When talking about the levels of resistance, both Peloton Bike and the Bowflex C6 Bike offer 100 levels of resistance, which is ideal for every fitness geek.
When choosing a bike, one of the most important factors to consider is the warranty. The Peloton bike comes with a 5-year frame warranty and a 1-year warranty for mechanical parts, electronic components, and labor. The Bowflex C6 bike comes with a 10-year frame warranty, 3-year warranty for mechanical parts and electronic components, and a 1-year labor warranty.
The most important factor to talk about is the cost as it helps people make their choice. A Peloton bike costs $2,245, and the total first-year cost is equal to 2,738. In the case of the Bowflex C6 Bike, you have to pay almost half of the Peloton bike costs. The cost of this bike is $949. In addition to this, the total first-year cost is $1,105, which helps you save over $1,630.
B. Bowflex C6 Vs. Echelon
When comparing the price, Echelon is available in several versions. The top-tier version costs more than the Bowflex C6 bike, but its EX1 is cheaper, with a price of $200 less than C6. The Echelon offers 32 levels of resistance, while the C6 offers 100 resistance levels. The Echelon bike comes with a native app while the Bowflex relies on external apps. The Echelon offers live-streaming and on-demand classes; however, when using the Bowflex C6, you have to connect to non-native apps.
C. Bowflex C6 Vs. Schwinn IC4
Another exercise bike the C6 by Bowflex is competing with is the Schwinn IC4. Both C6 by Bowflex and Schwinn IC4 offer 100 levels of resistance and incredible versatility in terms of the adjustability of components. Moreover, both these bikes allow connectivity with non-native apps to enable streaming live classes and on-demand workout sessions. The main difference is the cost of the bike, while the C6 costs $949, the Schwinn IC4 costs $799. Besides, Bowflex C6 offers a new elegant design with a better seat quality. You can read also our detailed comparison of these two bikes.
C. Bowflex C6 Vs. VeloCore
- Leaning Mode
- HD Touch Screen with two different sizes
- Magnetic flywheel
- Explore 25 different destination rides
- Workouts get more challenging as you get stronger
- Download streaming services to watch while you ride
- Weight Choices – Only one set of 3lbs dumbbells
- Radio Station – Music is separate from the instructors
- Assembly – It could take two people to assemble
The VeloCore indoor cycling bike starts at around $1700. It has all of the features you’re looking for in a commercial-grade indoor cycle: magnetic resistance, toe slips, a large HD display, and a Bluetooth heart rate monitor!
The main difference between Velocore and C6 is the Leaning Mode, a feature that makes it stand out among the rest of these indoor bikes. Leaning mode allows the rider to move side to side and tilt forward and backward to simulate mountain climbs.
You can learn more in our detailed comparison.
D. Bowflex C6 Vs. MYX Bike
MYX is the perfect budget-friendly option for those who want a complete riding experience. At almost the same price as the C6, you will get a bike with an interactive touchscreen display that is equipped with hundreds of on-demand classes, expert coaching, and total body workouts.
Bowflex C6 Warranty
Warranty is one of the critical factors that lets a user decide if they want to invest in an item, especially when it comes to purchasing fitness equipment as these are not cheap. The Bowflex C6 Bike does not disappoint with its warranties, given its low price. It offers a 10-year frame warranty, a 3-year warranty for mechanical parts and electronic components, and a 1-year labor warranty. Users can even purchase extended warranties. However, the experts suggest not to put money on extended warranties as this bike is a basic one and one will not require an additional warranty.
Bowflex C6 Assembly
Not all fitness freaks are mechanical or electronic experts and are not well with assembling fitness equipment. However, with the Bowflex C6 Bike, you do not have to freak about its assembly as it’s very simple, and you will be done with it in a matter of few minutes.
C6 Community & Social Media Groups
We recommend the Bowflex C6 & IC4 Reddit Community with more than 3500 members and the biggest community with regular updates on Facebook named Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C6 Riders with more than 20.000 members!
Where Can You Buy C6 US & Canada
Bowflex C6 is currently being sold exclusively on the official Bowflex.com website. Bowflex is offering monthly payments with 18-month financing ($56 /Month), and they are known for their great support & warranty.
Note: You could also find Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 for sale on Craigslist, but you should be careful about the condition of the Bike, the quality of the seller, and the warranty.
The article has been researched & compiled by the Editorial F5F Team, a group of experienced fitness & health writers.