Quick Summary: Is Bowflex C6 the Same as Schwinn IC4?
Getting in shape can be quite challenging, but an indoor exercise bike for the home gym is a great option. Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 are owned and manufactured by the same company and are most famous for their commercial-grade quality offered at a reasonable price. But, is the Schwinn IC4 the same as Bowflex C6? Let’s find out!
Although they may look exactly similar to you in appearance and features, there is something that keeps both C6 and IC4 competitive. For this comparison, we did thorough research in every possible source of information to find if there is any significant difference that you should know about:
- We have read hundreds of customer reviews
- We saw dozens of video reviews
- We participated in forums like Reddit
- We even got in touch with a Bowflex Representative to figure out if we are missing something!
In the following paragraphs, we will try to help you compare those two bikes, which are currently among the best indoor cycles in US and Canada.
Overview: IC4 vs C6
These two indoor bikes are affordable alternatives to those heavy-duty costly exercise cycling equipment you see in gyms. Speaking about specs, Schwinn IC4 and Blowflex C6 have 100 magnetic resistance levels, digital connectivity via Bluetooth, and a heart rate monitoring armband. They offer ultra quite smooth riding experience each time. When it comes to frame, comfort, and versatility, you see adjustable race-style saddle and dipped large-sized handlebars. Both bikes have a built-in backlit LCD to monitor cadence and track your workout progress.
Let’s get into more details about their differences and similarities!
Bowflex C6 & Schwinn IC4 Main Similarities
Both the bikes are owned and manufactured by the same company called Nautilus, and that’s the reason IC4 and C6 have identical appearance and features.
- Frame and construction: Surprisingly, both have the same dimensions of 47.8 x 21.2 x 51.8 inches and weigh 106lbs while supports up to 330lbs of user weight. The Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 feature heavy-duty construction and stainless steel frame with a black finish. Designed with durable components, they are built to last for years.
- Resistance: Adjustable resistance has become an important user demand to fine-tune their workout according to body needs. Both these indoor bikes use the same magnetic resistance via a 40lbs flywheel drive system. The resistance can be adjustable to 100 different micro-adjustment levels through an intuitive turning knob.
- Brand / Aesthetics: Both bikes have the same design in terms of saddle, pedals, handlebars, and display readouts. They feature a dual-link foot pedal with SPD clip and standard toe cages to offer maximum flexibility and grip depending on the user’s riding preference. There are multi-grip very large adjustable dipped handlebars to easily swap your hand positions and get a good grip with any resistance level. Both these bikes come with a race-style horizontal/vertical adjustable saddle, two water-bottle holders to stay hydrated, an integrated media rack, and an additional pair of 3lbs dumbbells fitted under the handlebars for free.
- Cadence tracking and heart rate: Heart rate monitoring and cadence tracking is what all fitness geeks look for. Another significant similarity between the bikes is that both come with a Bluetooth-enabled LE (BLE) comfortable and slim heart art armband. A full-color backlit LCD on the front shows RPM, distance, calories, time, and speed.
- USB charging: This is another feature that has been added to Bowflex and Schwinn cycling bikes. Their built-in device holder with attachment hooks has an integrated USB charging port. This allows the user to keep the phone or tablet’s battery charged while watching live workout sessions.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Unlike conventional cycling bikes, these affordable new indoor bikes incorporate Bluetooth to connect to the pulse monitoring armband and many cycling or workout apps. The heart rate monitor band is easy to hook up with immersive feedback during a workout session. Plus, both can connect to the famous Peloton, Zwift, and Explore the World apps for live-streaming with an innovative ‘pause’ feature.
Since many people asked if they can really use Peloton App with their C6 or IC4, we have great news! You can use both bikes with the only restriction, in this case, to be that a user does not have access to the Peloton class leaderboard.
If you want to get the 100% of the Peloton classes, you can buy a Peloton to Bowflex C6 resistance conversion from Etsy or eBay.
Difference Between Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4
- Brand / Aesthetics: Appearance-wise, both these indoor bike models are similar. The only difference you see from the look is their different brand logo. Of course, the C6 has the Bowflex brand name and logo printed on the side rail while IC4 has the Schwinn logo and name on the side rail, saddle, and resistance flywheel. Another minor difference is that Schwinn IC4 has more red color in the pedal levers and front transport wheels. Although this is a little subjective, we think that Bowflex C6 has a fresher look and stands-out more than IC4.
- Seat: Except for the aesthetics, in which we found some differences since the C6 is newer that IC4, a Bowflex representative inform us about another difference which may be crucial for some people, and that is the seat; As he told us in the live chat, the seat of Bowflex C6 is better from IC4 since they tried to improve its comfort & quality.
- Price: The major difference between Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 is the price. The C6 usually retails at $999, while Schwinn IC4 has $799. Most of the time, you will see a difference of $100! However, you should always check on Bowflex Official site, as the company sometimes has some limited time offers for C6, such as a discount or a free mat.
Bowflex C6 Product Review
Bowflex C6 is an indoor cycling bike that combines quality and digital connectivity. It features 100 micro-adjustable levels of magnetic resistance to offer ultra-smooth and quiet operation. The C6 is equipped with a backlit display on a metric console to track speed, time, pulse, distance, and calories burnt. It comes with 3lbs pair of dumbbells with an easy-to-reach front cradle, a media rack with a USB charging station to place your mobile device or tablet, and dual water bottle holders. For premium comfort and grip, there are XL dipped handlebars. The Bluetooth enabled armband continuously monitors heart rate to help you stay fit and within the target zone.
What we Liked
- Users can easily set resistance levels via an intuitive resistance knob on the front. It allows you to increase or decrease resistance while riding as per needs.
- The race-style seat and handlebars height is adjustable. A Bowflex Representative, also, told that is better from IC4.
- The unique pedal design also stands out.
- The dual-link pedals feature toe cages that lets the user comfortably ride the bike with sneakers or other shoes.
- Users can connect to popular fitness, coaching, or cycling apps like Peleton, Explore the World, and Zwift for live streaming.
What could be Better
- Requires a separate digital subscription.
- The side-to-side lean feature could’ve been an excellent addition for a real-life road cycling feel.
Schwinn IC4 Product Review
The Schwinn IC4 is an indoor fitness bike that offers a heart-pumping cycling experience by combining swing quality and digital connectivity. Thanks to the magnetic resistance with 100 levels, the ride is quiet and smooth via a 40lbs flywheel. This exercise machine comes with a beautiful backlit display screen to track real-time metrics like RPM, speed, distance, calories, and time.
The indoor bike also includes 3lbs dumbbells that are supported by easy-reach on-board cradles. Other convenient features include a table/phone holder and two water bottle holders. Race-style saddle height and premium handlebars are adjustable vertically and horizontally to match the user’s needs and comfort. It comes with a Bluetooth-enabled heart rate slim armband to supervise your pulse rate continuously.
What we Liked
- Comes with an ICY Renk force USB charging station. This allows users to charge their devices while exercising conveniently.
- We like the extra-large size dipped handlebars; they offer superior grip and keep hands comfortable during intense long rides.
- Schwinn IC4 can easily connect to non-native apps like Explore the World, Plexton, and Zwift.
- The user can stream live trainer-led courses and pause the workout in-between to complete an urgent task; to attend important phone calls or other home chores.
What could be Better
- Users don’t get free subscriptions to on-demand cycling apps and exercise classes.
- One can’t access the leadership board as well. This can be a real bummer for some people.
What About C6 & IC4 Community
There are many great communities on Reddit, Facebook, and other Social Media / Forums where you can share your thoughts and accomplishments of your rides!
You won’t be alone in the difficult but fit and fun ride!
We suggest the Bowflex C6 & IC4 Reddit Community with more than 3500 members and the largest community with daily updates on Facebook called Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C6 Riders with more than 20.000 members!
Where Can You Buy C6 & IC4 in US & Canada
- Bowflex C6 is currently being sold exclusively on the official Bowflex.com website. Bowflex is offering monthly payments with 18-month financing ($56 /Month), and they are known for their great support & warranty.
- Schwinn IC4, on the other side, is offered in many online stores. We suggest buying it from the official website or Amazon.
Note: You could also find Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 for sale on Craigslist, but you should be careful about the condition of the Bike, the quality of the seller, and the warranty.
Bowflex C6 and Schwinn IC4 are two great indoor cycling bikes for your home gym. These cost-effective, sturdy bikes pack a punch of exactly similar features.
- Schwinn IC4 stands out a little more because of its low price. So, Schwinn is the clear winner if you want to save some money (usually 100$).
- However, if you want some slightly better aesthetics packed with a better seat, you could go for the Bowflex C6.
The article has been researched & compiled by the Editorial F5F Team, a group of experienced fitness & health writers.